TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
- While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
- If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However, no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
- NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WILL IMPROVE OR CHANGE WHILE USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL AND RELATIONSHIP POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL AND RELATIONSHIP CHANGE. YOUR PERSONAL POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN UNIQUE SITUATION, THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Cobb County, Georgia. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
EDUCATION AND COACHING
Terms of Service and Refund Policy
The courses offered on this site, as well as all other published resources such as podcasts, videos, articles, and social media posts are for the purpose of education. We make our best efforts to keep information current, but in some cases content may not be updated to reflect the most recent research or data. Please see the Terms of Service above for before using this website.
Consultation and private coaching provide an opportunity for you to meet with Jodi Carlton, MEd, a leading adult neurodiversity expert, to examine your experiences, challenges, concerns, and relationship questions. Jodi will provide you with educational insights, expert feedback and next-step recommendations based on your needs and goals. These may include private coaching, counseling/treatment with another specialist, evaluation, etc.
This private consultation and on-going coaching are best suited for:
1. People who want clarity about neurodiverse traits/characteristics.
2. Individuals who need help determining the difference between neurodivergent traits/characteristics and toxic/abusive personalities.
3. People who are considering ending a relationship due to ongoing confusion, hurt, and conflict.
4. People who want to understand how neurodivergence affects their lives, marriage/domestic partnership, family, career, and friendships and are seeking to improve their overall quality of life.
5. People who have already tried going to therapists for help, but have not gotten clarity or solutions.
6. People who are willing and motivated to be introspective about themselves, to learn, to implement changes, and are open to updating current narratives and scripts about others.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Jodi Carlton, MEd has a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a master’s degree in guidance and counseling, and held a license in the state of Georgia as a Licensed Professional Counselor for 19 years.
Although Jodi Carlton is qualified to diagnose autism and other neurodiversities, in addition to mental health conditions her consultation, evaluation, and coaching services do not involve clinical diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. Jodi Carlton’s services are not for the purpose of treating mental illness or substance abuse.
FEES AND PAYMENT POLICY
PAYMENT IS DUE AT THE TIME OF COURSE PURCHASE.
PRIVATE COACHING, CONSULTATION, AND RELATIONSHIP EVALUATION:
PAYMENT IS DUE AT THE TIME OF BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT AND MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF BOOKING IN ORDER TO AVOID APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION.
If you are unable to pay by credit card, please contact us directly to send you an invoice to pay by ACH bank draft. If paying by bank draft, payment is due upon receipt of your invoice.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
These services and courses are not covered by insurance, but some flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts may provide reimbursement. It is your sole responsibility to determine your coverage. Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC will not file any insurance forms on your behalf, but will provide proof of services and payment.
By entering your credit card information, making payment, or otherwise booking, electronically, or otherwise, a consultation, evaluation, a coaching group, course, or intensive coaching program, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC to receive services according to the following terms and conditions:
Failure to Pay: In the event that you fail to make any payments due in accordance with the terms, or do not perform obligations according to these terms, Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC may terminate services immediately without notice and may also commence proceedings to collect any outstanding debts owed.
WARRANTIES AND REFUNDS
NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED FOR ONLINE COURSE PURCHASES. PARTNERS ARE GRANTED COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO COURSES AND WILL BE GIVEN THEIR OWN ACCOUNT UPON REQUEST.
Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC represents and warrants:
(a) in providing the services, she will comply with all law and industry standards to the best of her knowledge;
(b) the work performed will be done to a high standard in accordance with best practices for coaching professionals; and
(c) the scope of the services will be limited to the description provided in these terms. Similar or equivalent services may be substituted from time to time if, in the sole opinion of Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC, it would benefit you or be required to meet the terms.
You represent and warrant:
(a) that you will provide all relevant information required for Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC to carry out the terms.
APPOINTMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS Please remember to cancel or reschedule 48 hours in advance for groups, consultations, private coaching, workshops, or other scheduled events.
Cancellations and re-scheduled appointments will be subject to a full charge if NOT RECEIVED AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE. This is necessary because a time commitment is made to you and is held exclusively for you. Appointments will begin promptly at the time you are scheduled. If you are late for an appointment, you may lose some of that session time. You acknowledge and agree that upon execution of these terms to be responsible for the full extent of the agreed-upon fee.
Refunds for cancellation or termination of services for any reason whatsoever are issued at the sole discretion of Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC.
Chargebacks without Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC’s prior written consent are not authorized.
I understand that this authorization will remain in effect until I cancel it in writing, and I agree to notify Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC in writing of any changes in my account information or termination of this authorization.
I certify that payment will be made by an authorized user of the credit card provided and that I will not dispute these scheduled transactions with my bank or credit card company as long as the transactions correspond to the terms indicated in this authorization form.
All information shared in digital courses, online quizzes, evaluations, and via support groups, workshops, consultation or coaching will remain confidential. If you share something with Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC without the knowledge of your partner or adult child, it will not be disclosed to the absolute best of her ability. At times, she may encourage you to share information that she deems critical. However, she will not disclose information you have shared without your consent.
On occasion, general information from a private session may be shared to teach in a public forum, but your names, details, and other identifying information will never be shared.
Occasionally Jodi Carlton may need to consult with other professionals in their areas of expertise in order to provide the best services for you. Information about you may be shared in this context without using your name or other identifying information.
LIMITS TO CONFIDENTIALITY
The consultation and coaching content and all relevant materials will be held confidential unless you request in writing to have all or portions of such content released to a specifically named person/persons.
Limitations of client-held privilege of confidentiality exist and are itemized below:
- If a client threatens or attempts to commit suicide or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner in which there is a substantial risk of incurring serious bodily harm.
- If a client threatens grave bodily harm or death to another person.
- If Jodi Carlton, MEd, has a reasonable suspicion that a client or other named victim is the perpetrator, observer of, or actual victim of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse of children under the age of 18 years.
- Suspicions, as stated above, in the case of an elderly person who may be subjected to these abuses.
- Suspected neglect of the parties who are minors, or otherwise unable to self-advocate due to cognitive or developmental limitations.
- If a court of law issues a legitimate subpoena for information stated on the subpoena.
- If by order of a court of law, or if information is shared for the purpose of rendering an expert’s report to an attorney. I caution you not to plan for me to be an expert witness, or to provide a written affidavit without discussing it with me. There are significant risks to involving a coach in legal affairs.
- If a complaint or allegations are made about Jodi Carlton and her educational content or services, she may have to reveal some confidential information to provide a response. Every effort will be made to maintain privacy and to avoid revealing identifying information.
You may request a copy of your records which includes your appointment dates, fees, and participants, as well as a copy of your service agreement. You will not be provided with Jodi’s personal notes.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY:
All payment and personal information will be kept in a secure manner in accordance with United States and European privacy requirements.
The insight and guidance that Jodi Carlton will provide depends largely on your motivation and willingness to engage in this process, which may, at times, result in considerable discomfort. Remembering unpleasant events and becoming aware of feelings attached to those events can bring on strong feelings of anger, depression, anxiety, etc.
There are no miracle cures or quick-fix solutions. Jodi Carlton cannot guarantee that your life or relationships will change as a result of services she provides to you. She can promise to provide you her expert opinion and guidance to help you get clarity and to identify solutions for your relationship.
YOU CAN EXPECT THE FOLLOWING FROM JODI CARLTON:
- To provide direction, encouragement, and support in a non-judgmental environment.
- To provide observations and direct feedback based on expertise and experience.
- To listen carefully to what you say, and to make recommendations based on your individual and/or relationship goals.
- To use assessment instruments that are of a professional industry standard.
- To provide you with a verbal explanation of any applicable assessment data.
- To provide implementable, and actionable methods and strategies for meeting your personal and/or relationship goals.
- To provide honest and professional expertise regarding your skills and abilities.
- To be forthcoming regarding any dysfunctional, harmful, or abusive behavior that is witnessed or observed.
- To set boundaries regarding any harmful or abusive behavior that is experienced by Jodi Carlton directly from any client.
- To be respectful of your personal values, beliefs, wishes, and preferences.
JODI CARLTON EXPECTS THAT YOU WILL:
- Commit yourself to intentional curiosity and discovery.
- Provide honest and truthful information.
- Be open to receiving Jodi Carlton’s observations and guidance about your personal traits, characteristics, and behaviors.
- Conduct yourself on video calls and in messages with care and respect, and without harassment or verbal attacks/abuse toward your partner or Jodi Carlton.
You are solely responsible for your own physical, mental, and emotional well-being, including decisions, choices, actions, and results arising out of, or resulting from, this consultation/evaluation and coaching program. As such, you agree that Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC and associates are not, and will not be, liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided. Your choice, effort, and motivation to participate in this consultation/evaluation and coaching program, and to follow, or not follow, the subsequent guidance received, is entirely your responsibility. The outcomes that you seek are not guaranteed.
Unhappiness or dissatisfaction with Jodi Carlton’s professional expertise or coaching methods is NOT grounds for a refund.
If Jodi Carlton, MEd cancels or terminates your services for reasons that are related to her own inability to provide you the agreed-upon services, she will determine a refund amount based on the amount of services you have/have not received.
Due to the importance of your confidentiality, Jodi Carlton does not accept friend or contact requests from current or former clients on any social networking site (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). You are free to follow Jodi Carlton on social media or join private social media groups.
Jodi Carlton cannot ensure the confidentiality of any form of communication through electronic media, including text messages.
There are potential risks, consequences, and benefits of electronic communication. Potential benefits include, but are not limited to improved communication capabilities, providing convenient access to up-to-date information, consultations, support, reduced costs, improved quality, better access to coaching, better continuity of care, and reduction of lost work time and travel costs.
When using electronic communication in consultation, evaluation, and coaching services, potential risks include, but are not limited to Jodi Carlton’s inability to make visual observations of potentially relevant issues such as: your physical condition, apparent height and weight, body type, attractiveness relative to social and cultural norms or standards, gait and motor coordination, posture, work speed, any noteworthy mannerism or gestures, physical or medical conditions including bruises or injuries, basic grooming and hygiene including appropriateness of dress, eye contact (including any changes in the previously listed issues), sex, chronological and apparent age, ethnicity, facial and body language, and congruence of language and facial or bodily expression. Potential consequences thus include Jodi Carlton not being aware of what she would consider important information that you may not recognize as significant to present verbally.
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Ownership of Intellectual Property and Confidential Information: All materials and work is provided without warranties of any kind, both express and implied. Any design, materials, analyses, processes, discussions and other intellectual property, both tangible and intangible, which is provided or may be developed as a result of or during coaching is and will remain the property of Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC at all times. No materials may be reproduced or used for any purpose other than personal and private use. You shall not be authorized to use any of Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC’s intellectual property for business purposes. Authorization to share, copy, distribute, or otherwise disseminate any materials received from Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC electronically or otherwise is not provided without the prior written consent of Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC.
This agreement is not transferable or assignable without Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC’s prior written consent.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, INDEMNITY, DISCLAIMER OF GUARANTEE
Indemnification: Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC is in no way liable for any loss or damages whether direct, indirect or consequential which you may suffer in reliance directly or indirectly on all or any part of these services. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC, and her representatives from and against any and all actions, claims, liabilities, proceedings or demands which may be brought against them in respect of any loss, death, injury, illness or damage (whether personal or property and including reasonable legal fees and expenses).
Liability Terms: The liability of Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC, is governed solely by United States Consumer Law and these Terms. Any other conditions and warranties which may be implied by custom, law or statute are expressly excluded.
Own Risk: You acknowledge and agree that you use these services at your own risk, and agree they are liable for and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC, and her representatives, for and against any and all claims, liabilities, actions and expenses which may result either directly or indirectly from a breach of these Terms, misuse of the Services or in connection with any of the Services.
NO SUBSTITUTE FOR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Medical Services: Services may involve health or other personal management discussions. Consultation and evaluation services should not replace discussions with other qualified healthcare or other relevant professionals and should not be used to diagnose or replace any professional treatment or management of any condition. You are at all times responsible for your own physical health and emotional well-being and are responsible to seek medical treatment (including, but not limited to psychotherapy), if needed. Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC does not provide psychotherapy services. The organization is not responsible for any decisions made as a result of services. Pre-existing conditions must be treated by a medical professional and any information provided is not to be relied on in substitution. You understand that you therefore engage the Services at your own risk.
Legal Discussions: Some of the Services may involve discussions about legal options and choices, particularly related to separation and divorce. Services provided by Jodi Carlton, MEd, LLC should in no way replace discussions with qualified legal counsel.
CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association, which arbitration shall be binding upon the parties and their successors in interest. The prevailing party is entitled to be reimbursed for all reasonable legal fees from the non-prevailing party in order to enforce the provisions of these terms.